Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sponsorhip Distributions

Bringing grain, soap, and our cameras; we visited four different churches to do our bi-annual sponsorship distribution.  To start the distribution off the children wrote thank you letters to their sponsor families and then got in line to get their pictures taken. The "photography booth" was us girls' job.  Rachel and Maria were the photographers, Rebecca and Anna held the back drop and Becky and I were there to get the kids to smile.  Which let me tell you.....Becky and I had the hardest job because these kids just don't smile for pictures.  But when they did they produced the cutest smiles ever!

At one of the distributions my family's sponsor child was there.  It was so weird watching him write a letter to my family when I was standing right there.  Weird.....But it was really cute to watch because he knew I was there, so I could tell he was taking his time on the letter and making it extra special.  Love you Frank!

So, After the kids wrote their letters and smiled pretty for the camera, it was time to all gather in the church and sing songs and hear a small teaching.  I love worship here in Burkina because everyone sings and dances and the drums are beating away.  It's always a loud, good time.  The distribution ends by handing out the grain and soap.  The families load the grain on their donkey cart or my personal favorite...strap it on the bicycle or moto.  Creativity in packing and transporting is definitely a strong quality in Burkina.  And that concludes the distribution.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment