Saturday, July 9, 2011

An Outing to the Foret de Yako

On Wednesday a group of us went out on what turned out to be a mighty adventure. We walked and walked to a place called the Foret de Yako. It is government sponsored piece of land that has a bunch of lush green plants; hence the name. There we explored, ate some yummy fruit growing on the trees, and laughed and joked with eachother. These kids are always making me laugh. They tell me, "Kelsey why do you laugh so much?" (of course this is in French). I say, "Because you are funny." Love these kids! 
On the way home we stopped for some drinks because we were all super parched from this long walk that we went on. It was a fun outing with a bunch of my beloved friends from the orphanage.
This is some of the crew that made the trekk to the Foret de Yako. The straggelers were taking the pictures.
In the lush green forest. It still amazes me how green the land is compared to when I was here in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment