Friday, July 1, 2011

Bugs! Bugs! Everywhere!

Ok...so they aren't everywhere...but there are a lot of bugs. You know I don't mind crawling critters. Most of the time I find bugs rather cool and fascinating. However, spiders...are NOT my friends! Before arriving in Burkina, I was fully warned of a nasty creepy crawler by the name of a scorpion carrier. It was described to me as a huge spider that apparently carries scorpions on its back. Now I don't know if that part is true, but I do know that these things are real. I have seen and then killed three of them. These things are fast! They scurry across the floor and you got to whomp them with your shoe. And I have a picture to prove that they in fact, due exist...

This guy was hanging out on the window curtain. His legs, for some reason are all scrunched up...so just picture long stretched out legs and you will get a good image of what these gross creatures look like. I hope this was the last sighting of a scorpion carrier...but unfortunatley I think it's only the beginning....

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, you are the coolest! I love you posts! I will check this everyday if possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with jeff! and also, those spiders are horrendous...

    ReplyDelete