Saturday, June 18, 2011

In Ouaga!!!

Wow, it is SO nice to be back. When I stepped foot on that red African soil, my heart just pitter-pattered. I really do love this place.
When we got into the airport in Ouaga, we went through "customs" (you basically just take a few steps, someone checks your passport) and then headed to baggage claim (just a few steps past customs) Instantly Burkinabae men were fighting to get to us to be, as I put it, "luggage guys." Bascially they grab our luggage off the conveyer belt. Which, by the way, the conveyer belt is a new addition since I have been last. Nice touch :) Anywho...so our luggage guy came over with us (Ruth, Rebecca Dalton, and me) and helped us grab our luggage. So, Rebecca's bag was first spotted then the four tubberware containers were grabbed. So all that was left was my suitcase. Welp, had a bit of a scare becasue all of a sudden there were no more bags being sent on the conveyer belt. Oh man, it happed to another Graczak, my luggage is lost. Then I looked outside the window, and praise Jesus there was a whole other pile of luggage coming. I was releived and so was the luggage guy. He could see the worry in my eyes...and all over my face. But when I pointed my suitcase to him, he just smiled. Now we are set...to the car!
When we got outside there was Immanuel waiting for us (He is from Yako and helps a lot around the orphanage) He was very excited to see us and I was excited to see him. A familiar face! I even got the four head bump thing from him. (If you haven't been to Burkina you don't know what this is but it's cool...) So, we loaded up the car and were off to SIM mission base where we will be staying until Monday morning.
Tonight we are just taking it easy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment