Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Half Way


It’s crazy to think that I am at about the “half way point” in my time here in Burkina. I am not going to lie that this trip has not been at all what I expected. It has been a struggle from the beginning but very enjoyable as well and filled with many great memories. Once here my plans for what I would be doing changed drastically and this was heart breaking. I am so used to having so much to do; school, work, social life, and being busy, what feels like 24/7.  But I come here and the pace of life is so slow and relaxed. I now have lots of little projects that I am involved in and love each and everyone of them. I am tutoring people in English, crafting with the toddlers, caring for and playing with the babies as well as working with them in developmental skills, and doing a Bible study with primary school kids. But yet, I still feel guilty that I am not doing enough because my schedule isn’t packed to the brim and I know that I am capable of more. With my curse of people pleasing and pride of thinking I am qualified to do more I know that I have an enemy attack on me. I am writing this only to tell you what’s been going on and ask for prayer that I would have peace in what I am doing and that God would reveal anything else that He has planned for me here. I am very blessed with the people that are apart of my life and I couldn’t be more thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment