Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gettin' Messy!!!

Every Monday when the toddlers have a day off from Preschool I have taken the free morning as an opportunity to do fun crafts and art projects. I have already made tissue paper butterflies with them that are now proudly hanging in their rooms and done lots of coloring activities. These kids really love to get out and do something new and exciting. So this week I decided to amp up the fun and get messy with them. What better way to get their creative juices flowing than to paint with hands and feet all over a white piece of fabric!

The toddlers really seemed to enjoy the painting but it took them a little bit to warm up to the idea of getting messy. When the paint was first put onto their hands they just looked at it and then looked at me to say “what is this? What do I do with it?” After demonstrating and showing them how, the toddlers soon went at it and used their hands and feet to create a masterpiece. With green, pink, purple and blue paint, that white piece of fabric was turned into a colorful work of art done by some of my favorite Burkinabe residents. Stay tuned to see what we create next!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment