Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Fall Mission

What started out as a calling to teach English for a whole school year changed into something completely different. After the first time in Burkina I felt as though I was supposed to return one day for a whole school year. So I held onto that dream for a year and then decided after graduating college then I can pursue that dream. However, God slowly began to change my heart in a new direction without me fully realizing it. Just weeks away from leaving for 9 months I began to doubt that this was really what I was supposed to be doing. After lots of praying, thinking, and discussing with others I have decided to shorten my trip in Burkina. I will be here until December 11th and return with my dad to the States. Once back in the States I will begin my dream to teach at an elementary school and work towards becoming and English as a Second Language teacher. But in these next three months I have a lot of awesome things planned and I am so excited for the new adventures that I will get to go on. I am going to tutor a little boy in English that is being adopted by an American family, tutor an orphanage worker in English, help primary school students after school with math and reading and help out with various other things around the orphanage. It will be a great an amazing time and serve as a great closure to this chapter of my life. I am excited what God is doing in my life and can't see what happens! Thank you everyone for your love, support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment