Monday, August 22, 2011

Back Home

It has been two weeks since I have touched back down on American soil. It is still quite an adjustment getting back into the crazy, fast paced lifestyle, we Americans live in. But it has been great seeing all my friends and family and enjoying these last weeks of summer before jumping into the hectic thing I call school.
I find myself missing and reflecting back quite often at the time I spent in Burkina. It was an awesome time filled with many many amazing experiences. I learned so much about myself and others those 7+ weeks. That precious time in Burkina that I cherish so much really instilled peace in my heart, a new trust and patience with the Lord, and just an overall boost of confidence and independce within myself. I can't rave enough about what an awesome time I had. I will always hold a very very special spot in my heart for the people of Burkina Faso and especially my friends and family in Yako. I can't wait to go back! Don't worry I'll be back sooner than later Burkina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment